Car lights are one of the most important parts of your car. You need to have bright lights so that you can drive safely at night. That’s why choosing LED bulbs is highly recommended, not just because they are brighter but also have a longer lifespan than regular bulbs.
If you are planning to replace the old halogen or incandescent bulbs, then LED bulbs are the perfect choice for you.
In this article, we will talk about why an H7 led bulb is the best one to use in your car. Keep reading!
Top 5 Best H7 LED Bulb
|Products||Best Overall – HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H7||Valuable Pick – Car Rover H7 LED Bulb||Premium Choice – Cougar Motor H7 LED Bulb|
|Summary||Everyday driving necessitates high quality and performance. Due to the higher brightness and construction quality, they are the obvious choice.||This is a wonderful option for the budget-conscious consumer. Due to the overall quality and performance, the price appears to be ridiculously low.||For anyone looking for the best combination of brightness and durability, they are a must-have.|
|Pros||High-performance Cooling FanAdjustable BeamDirect Plug-and-Play InstallationHigh-intensity LED ChipLong Lifespan (50000+ hrs)||Easy plug and play installation10000LM brightness levelDouble bearing turbofan with cooling finsWaterproof level of IP68||IP67 waterproof ratingDouble heat dissipation systemplug-and-play designanti-glare design|
|Cons||Expensive||Polarity Dependent||High energy usage of 50W|
1. HIKARI LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit-H7
The HIKARI LED headlight bulb contains a row of high-end imported chips that emit a dazzling beam pattern and a powerful light intensity. The chips are securely enclosed in a CNC machined aluminum shell to withstand even the toughest weather conditions.
These headlight bulbs are easily mounted in the factory stock housing without tools or modification. Simply plug into your car’s standard 3157/9006/HB3 socket and set it into place. It also comes with two connectors for optional installation in all other vehicles including trucks, SUVs, ATVs, and UTVs.
These LED headlight bulbs come with a built-in manual rotary dial for easy adjustment to suit your driving needs. Simply rotate the dial from left to right to fine-tune your beam pattern from the spotlight to a wide area of illumination. You can also adjust your beam pattern by rotating the headlight bulb inside the housing.
These LED headlight bulbs come with an internal cooling fan to ensure stable performance under all conditions. The high-quality fans extend the service life of the light and keep it cool even after long hours of continuous operation. The fan runs quietly without interfering with the driver’s concentration.
- Lumens: 18,000
- Color Temperature: 6000K
- Manufacturer Part Number: V1-H7-2
- Weight: 12.2 ounces
- High-performance Cooling Fan
- Adjustable Beam
- Direct Plug-and-Play Installation
- High-intensity LED Chip
- Long Lifespan (50000+ hrs)
The new Car Rover LED bulbs produce a 10000LM with a cool white 6000k beam of light thanks to the CSP LEDs. These lights create an illumination that can reach up to 150 meters, allowing you to see much further than what is possible from traditional halogens and giving off more even coverage on roads so drivers have better visibility across all conditions!
The Car Rover H7 bulbs are not just bright, they’re also durable. Built with heat dissipation fins that help them last over 30k hours! You can be sure your car will have a steady supply of light in any condition because these lights only use 25W power and provide an IP68 waterproofing level too–making them perfect for extreme conditions. The bulbs are polarity dependent, so be sure to plug them in the right way.
But there’s more: These replacement LEDs come pre-programmed so you don’t have to do anything else other than plug-and-ride – no programming necessary at all!
- Lumens: 10,000
- Color Temperature: 6000K
- Manufacturer Part Number: CRF5LEDH7
- Weight: 9.9 ounces
- Easy plug and play installation
- 10000LM brightness level
- Double bearing turbofan with cooling fins
- Waterproof level of IP68
- Polarity Dependent
3. Cougar Motor H7 LED Bulb
The Cougar Motor H7 LEDs are able to emit 6500k cool white light with a brightness level of 10,000LM. The bulbs are designed with aluminum alloy for heat dissipation, helping them last 50,000+ hours! They also have an IP67 waterproof rating that makes them perfect for heavy rainfall or even submersion.
The Cougar Motor bulbs have a dual cooling system with aluminum fins and a 10000rpm fan to keep them cool, while also prolonging their life.
There’s no need to worry about installation, these bulbs have a plug-and-play design making them easy to install–just fit them right in where your old headlights were! They are also compatible with all types of cars, which is great for anyone who wants to replace their stock halogens.
- Lumens: 10,000
- Color Temperature: 6500K
- Manufacturer Part Number: M4-9005+H11
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- IP67 waterproof rating
- Double heat dissipation system
- plug-and-play design
- anti-glare design
- High energy usage of 50W
4. Auxbeam F-16 H7 LED Headlight Bulbs
The F-16 series headlight is perfect for those who want to stay safe on the road at night. The 6000k color and 12000rpm fan make this a winner!
Featuring two pieces of Cree LED chips, an aluminum cooling system with high-pressure fans and more efficient light bulbs that emit less heat than before; it’s easy to see why people love these lights so much – they’re sure as hell brighter (and safer) than anything else out there right now.
These bulbs are waterproof, dust-resistant, and certified to exceed IP65. The F-16 bulb goes even further than this with an additional rating of IP68 which makes it bombproof! Alongside their usual constant current driver that keeps them stable over time so you can enjoy clear light patterns all day long – these bad boys come equipped for any occasion!
- Lumens: 6,000
- Color Temperature: 6000K
- Manufacturer Part Number: 88621845
- Weight: 12.3 ounces
- High-pressure fans keep your LEDs cool
- IP68 Rated – water, dust, and corrosion-proof!
- Slimmer design saving space
- 300% Brighter than halogen
- 360 degree illumination,
- Advanced CREE LEDs
- Polarity Dependent
5. BEAMTECH H7 LED Headlight Bulb
If you need a bright light for your car, the Beamtech H7 is an excellent choice. It produces up to 8000-lumen power and has super brightness with 4000lm per bulb – perfect for driving at night or during foggy weather where visibility may be reduced severely due to low-light conditions. The Xenon White color compliments most vehicles’ exterior designs well (6000 kelvin). At only four volts each, as opposed to nine volts typically needed from other types of headlights in today’s market this new LED chip, costs less yet still offers more than either Halogens/HIDs so it won’t break any bank accounts while providing top-notch illumination comparable to Xenon ‘HID’ type lights.
The Beamtech H7 features an All-in-One integrated beam technology which allows the unit to produce its unique headlights made of three separate LED chips, each one having its own reflector, lens, and housing. The Beamtech H7 produces much less heat than your standard halogen light bulbs, not to mention that it fits into your existing light bulb socket instead of needing any kind of special modifications.
- Lumens: 4,000
- Color Temperature: 6500K
- Manufacturer Part Number: BEAMTECH H7 LED Bulb
- Weight: 5.1 ounces
- waterproof with IP65 protection
- aluminum casing gives a better heat dissipation
- All in one integrated beam technology
- CSP Chips based design
- not fit for all vehicles
The choice of an H7 LED bulb is not always easy and can be expensive. For example, if you need a brighter light in your car’s headlight it will cost more than less powerful ones with a long-lasting lifetime because they have shorter lifespans for their brightness levels- so finding the best balance between these two factors works best!
Features to Consider Before Buying H7 LED Bulb
The above mentioned are some of the best performing and most popular LED bulb brands in the market. There is a wide range of choices when it comes to choosing LED bulbs, but before you go shopping for them, you need to know that there are certain features that will determine if they’re suitable for your car or not.
Let’s take a look at those features:
- Wattage (W)
The first thing to consider before buying LED headlights is the wattage rating. Most of the time, this rating will fall between 35 and 55 watts. Thus, if you replace your regular halogens with bulbs that have a lower wattage rating, they may not produce enough light for you to see at night.
H7 Led Light Bulbs are the most popular in the market because they are not only cost-effective but also provide you with a bright light that is more than enough for your car to drive safely even during the night hours. These bulbs are brighter compared to regular ones that have a wattage rating of 55 watts or more.
- Beam Pattern Adjustment
One of the features that are common in most Led Headlight Bulbs is the ability to adjust their beam pattern. This is because there are different situations in which you will need a focused light, a wide light, or a combination of these two. The best H7 LED bulbs to have vertical and horizontal adjustments that can be used to your advantage.- You should look for LED headlight bulbs with SMD optics because these allow the LEDs inside the bulb to focus their light in a certain direction which will further illuminate the road ahead- This allows you to adjust them so that they can provide you with more light when needed.
The downside, however, is that the adjustment process can be difficult if you don’t have the right tools.
- Legal Status of H7 LED Bulbs
One of the things that most people are worried about when buying LED bulbs for their car is whether or not these are legal in their respective countries. For road safety reasons, countries have set certain guidelines when it comes to the type of headlights that a car can use.
There are a lot of LED headlight bulbs out there so buying one can be very confusing for an average consumer. You need to remember though, that looking at the wattage alone won’t tell you if they’re legal or not for your car. Some LED headlight bulbs come with a low wattage but they may be brighter than those with a higher rating. So always make sure to check the specifications of an LED headlight bulb before buying one.
The good news is that all types of H7 Led Light Bulbs are legal in almost every country because their wattage is lower than 55 whereas their lumens rating is higher than the required amount.
Another mistake that people make when shopping for LED headlight bulbs is to only look at the visual appearance of a product.
After all, LED headlight bulbs can indeed improve the looks of your car- from the inside and from the outside.
These are just some of the things that you need to remember before buying LED headlight bulbs for your car. There is no “best” product out there- there are only those light bulbs that suit your needs and preferences.
H7 LED Bulb Installation Guide:
Now, let’s talk about how you can install LED headlights on your own without having to worry about getting electrocuted or breaking the warranty of your car’s factory LED headlights.
The installation process for LED headlights is very similar to installing other types of light bulbs so it will be relatively easy to do.- All you need is a good set of LED headlight bulbs, an Allen key, and some electrical tape.- You can shop for these items at any hardware store.- Make sure that the LED headlights you’ll be using are compatible with your car’s make and model.
You should follow this simple procedure to replace your factory headlight bulbs with LED ones:
1. First, you need to open the hood of your car to expose its inner engine compartment.- Next, you should locate the headlight assembly of your car.- Turn its screws counterclockwise to remove them.
2. Slide off the lens cap covering the LED headlights.- Each unit has different amounts of clips so you should read each package’s instructions properly for guidance on how to remove it.
3. Before removing the light bulb, use electrical tape around the connecting wire and the base of the headlight bulb to prevent any electrical shock.
4. Unscrew or twist out each bulb from its socket.- You should also be careful in removing them as they may break easily if you apply too much force at them.
5. Repeat this procedure for all bulbs present inside your car’s headlight assembly.
6. Now, you should be able to install the new LED headlight bulbs into your car’s headlight assembly.- Twist or screw each bulb until it locks securely into place.- Each light bulb and its socket has a different number of clips and screws so make sure that you read their instructions properly before installing them.
7. After installing all-LED headlights, connect the wires of each bulb into their respective sockets.
8. Replace the lens cap and tighten all screws in a clockwise direction to secure them in place.- Your car’s headlight assembly is now complete with LED headlights.
Now that you have your brand new LED headlights installed on your car, you need to make sure that you take good care of them for them to last long.
Here are some tips on how you can properly maintain LED headlights:
1. Always check the seal of your car’s headlight assembly before closing its hood.- Make sure that it is tightly sealed so no dirt or moisture will enter your headlight assembly which could damage the sensitive LED headlights.
2. Keep your car’s battery clean and free of corrosion to ensure that the electrical system functions properly.- If it does not, you might need to replace your car’s battery for LED headlight bulbs’ performance to improve.
3. Avoid using your high beam lights during the day as this could seriously reduce the lifespan of LED headlight bulbs.- Leaving your headlight bulb on when it is not needed will also do the same.
4. Try to avoid installing LED headlights that have a higher wattage than the factory-installed lights in your car.- Installing a light bulb with a higher watts rating can severely damage your car’s electrical system which would be bad especially if you don’t have a warranty on your car’s factory LED headlights.
5. Make sure that exposed wires and electrical connections of the LED headlight bulbs are protected from water by using a waterproof coating or coating them with electrical tape.- This will prevent them from short-circuiting which could lead to serious accidents if they catch fire.
6. Always check the condition of your LED headlight bulbs regularly to make sure that they are in working condition.- If you see any damaged electrical wiring, don’t hesitate to replace it as this could also cause significant damage to your car’s electrical system.
7. Always clean the headlights and taillights of your car using a proper cleaner before installing new LED headlights.- This will help you see if there are any broken lenses or cracks which might cause the light produced by LED headlights to become dimmer.
About the H7 LED bulb
H7 LED bulb’s colour temperature
The low energy usage of LED technology makes it very popular. An H7 LED bulb uses a lot less power than a halogen bulb. However, it is frequently said that LED bulbs are unsuitable for automobile lighting due to their colour temperature. This is, however, not the case.
Whether used for interior lighting, parking or sidelights, turn signals, licence plate or tail lights, the LED bulb produces white light that is identical to that produced by a halogen bulb. H7 LED bulbs do, in fact, come in a variety of colour temperatures.
- The warm colour ranges from 2700 to 3500 Kelvin in temperature. Despite the fact that this warmer tint is often thought to be more pleasing to the eye, it does not give the headlights a pleasant colour. It also lacks the brightness necessary to illuminate a large area. Colorful hue
- Between 3500 and 5000 Kelvin is the temperature of the vivid colour. It’s not too hot, and it’s not too tiring to look at. Different headlamp models have them. You can see further and have a wider outlook with this chilly white.
- A temperature of over 5000 Kelvin is required for a super vivid hue. You have pure white here, so you can see the farthest and have a larger perspective of the road. On the other hand, it may cause cars passing you to become tired of looking at you.
Lumen of an H7 LED bulb
The total amount of visible light produced by a source is measured in lumens. While color will make a beam of light more or less visible, the intensity of light will always be measured in lumens.
Most headlight models use a light intensity of 6000, 6500, 8000 or 10,000 lumens. But, in general, you can relate it to the color temperature. Warm colored H7 LED lamps will normally have between 6000 to 6500 lumens. Brightly colored, white illuminated H7 LED headlight bulbs will have around 8,000 lumens. And H7 LED bulbs similar to xenon ballast headlights will have around 10,000 lumens. Philips and Osram stood out on these types of very bright LED car bulbs.
When Do You Need H7 LED Bulbs?
As car owners, we may sometimes go for changing our vehicle headlights. It depends on how we feel and what we expect from the new headlights. One of the most important parts that you should never neglect is to see your needs when choosing H7 LED Bulbs. Do you need them when you get a new car? Perhaps not, since it is time to get rid of your old car and buy a new one. However, if you do not change your car and just replace its headlights, you will feel it’s necessary to choose the best H7 LED Bulbs for your vehicle.
What’s the difference between H7 and H11 bulbs?
They are designed for different types of vehicles. The bulb type is determined by the interior width of a car, truck, motorcycle, or other vehicles.
H11 Bulbs: These lights are designed to fit standard-width cars and trucks. They also fit some older motorcycles and recreational vehicles. The bulb is designed to be used as a high beam and came out after the smaller H4 bulb shape.
H7 Bulbs: These lights provide extra light for increased visibility on passenger vehicles that were built with wider interiors, such as trucks and SUVs. This makes them good for driving lights or fog lights, especially in the front of the vehicle.
Why do LED headlights need a fan?
LED lights are very bright, but if you use them for long periods of time, they will overheat. The fan is used to cool the LED so it can be used for longer periods of time without overheating. If you don’t use a fan with your led headlights, there’s a good chance that the headlight housing will melt or be damaged.
How to change the H7 bulb?
Locate the headlight holder, remove the power wires, and remove the old bulb. Clean and install the new bulb. Don’t touch the glass portion of the bulb because the oils from your skin will shorten the life of the bulb.
Do I need to replace both headlight bulbs at the same time?
Yes. One headlight bulb does not illuminate as brightly as the other and also creates a blinding spot that makes it dangerous to drive at night. The current bulbs should be replaced with new ones of similar brightness and shape, or both will fail again.