Car seats are generally exposed to different types of stains, which are difficult to remove by a routine cleaning procedure. They come in contact with multiple substances such as food, grease, oil, cold drinks, coffee, tea, water, and even sometimes urine. These substances can cause discoloration on various parts of your car seat’s surface leaving behind an ugly black, brown, or yellowish stain. In this context, car seat stain remover helps you to remove those stubborn stains from your seats easily and quickly.
If you are looking for the Best Stain Remover for Car Seats? We have reviewed some of the Best Car Seat Stain Removers available today. You can browse through our detailed reviews below to find the best car seat stain remover for your needs.
1. Meguiar’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Meguiar’s Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is one of the best car upholstery cleaners. It removes dirt and stains from your car seats in a matter of minutes while still being gentle on fabrics and leaves a fresh aroma behind.
- Provides deep cleaning.
- It also provides antibacterial protection to resist bacterial growth, mold, and mildew.
- Removes unpleasant odor and leaves behind a new car scent.
- It can dissolve stains and dirt in seconds.
- Do not leave any residue after cleaning the car upholstery.
- Easy to use
- Environmental friendly
- Not practical for tougher stains, especially those that have been there for a long time.
- Can cause discoloration on black (or dark) fabrics.
2. CarGuys Super Cleaner
CarGuys Super Cleaner is a multi-purpose and strong degreaser and cleaner. This cleaner comes in a concentrated formula which means it can cut through even the most stubborn dirt and grime and then help remove it from your car seats.
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- It contains water-based ingredients that are odorless and safe for all types of car seats.
- Provides a decisive cleaning action
- Use nanotechnology formula
- Comes with a complimentary cleaning rag or microfiber towel.
- Effective and comfortable to use bottle design
- Easy to use
- Leaves no residue behind
- No-rinse formula
- It cannot be used on glasses and instrument panel screens.
- Insufficient ultraviolet protection.
- High price
3. Mothers Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
This product promises effective stain removal without damaging your fabrics. It provides a deep cleaning action with just one application, leaving car upholstery dry in less than an hour.
- Popular brand in the market
- Safe for all types of car seats
- No-wax formula
- Easy to use with spray nozzle
- It contains built-in fabric protection for added convenience.
- Eco-friendly solution
- Can perform multiple detailing jobs for your car upholstery
- Not effective for oil-based stains
- Not effective for old stubborn stains
- Strong odor
- It provides no ultraviolet protection
List of 6 Best Stain Remover for Car Seats
1. Meguiar’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
Meguiar’s Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner is a non-toxic, pH-balanced cleaning formula specifically designed to clean car upholstery. It penetrates deep into fibers to dissolve dirt and stains while still being gentle on fabrics.
It is considered the best car upholstery cleaner that safely cleans all surfaces of your car seats, inside and out, and leaves a fresh fragrance behind. It is the only car seat cleaner that doesn’t require rinsing or drying after use.
- The product contains a Meguiar’s antibacterial protection that inhibits the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew.
- It is safe to use on all automotive upholstery fabrics and vinyl surfaces.
- The product is affordable, with a 19-ounce bottle costing only around $15.
- The smell is not as strong as some other products. Some people may like this aspect, and some might find it off-putting.
- It works well on mild stains and marks on the carpet and upholstery. However, if you want a product that can kill tougher odors and stains, we recommend you opt for another brand instead.
- The carpet and upholstery easily absorb the liquid. You can immediately put your car seats back into place after using them without worrying about any potential marks being left on the surface due to water stains.
- It is not as effective on tough stains and marks, especially those that have been there long. If the stain is very old, you may need to use an industrial cleaning product instead of this one for the best results.
- It can potentially cause discolorations on black fabrics. If you have dark upholstery, then we recommend that you choose another brand instead.
CarGuy’s Super Cleaner is concentrated with high-performance components specifically formulated to clean automotive carpets, floor mats, cloth upholstery, and vinyl surfaces without harming or discoloration.
It can also remove the toughest dirt and stains from your car seats, carpets, and floor mats, such as mud, tree sap, coffee spills, and dye transfer from denim jeans.
Every car’s interior surface except glass, instrument panels, and touch screens can be cleaned with this cleaner. It is also safe to use on vinyl and leather upholstery.
The product should be sprayed on the stain and agitated with an upholstery brush before being removed with a clean towel. It is not necessary to use a vacuum or extractor with this cleaner.
- It is created with the perfect balance of cleaning agents and foam boosters to remove stains without heavy scrubbing or harsh agitation.
- It’s formulated with high-foaming, deep penetrating ingredients that will quickly break down dirt and grime and leave your car seats, carpets, and floor mats looking beautiful and new once again.
- It can be used with equal success on leather and vinyl surfaces as well. However, it is not recommended for use on finished leathers, which may be color-treated or sealed.
- Getting the job done is as easy as spraying on, wiping, and then allowing your car’s upholstery to air dry.
- CarGuy’s Super Cleaner comes in a concentrated formula which means it can cut through even the most stubborn dirt and grime and then help remove it from your car seats.
- Not suitable for glass and instrument panel screens.
3. Mothers Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Mothers Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is another powerhouse in the cleaning industry. It is regarded as one of the best car seat cleaners available today in price, quality, and quantity.
It is a non-toxic, biodegradable product that will clean your upholstery and carpets without the worry of damaging them.
It is pH-balanced and ecologically friendly, unlike some other multipurpose cleansers, so it won’t harm the environment any more than it already does!
To get the greatest results out of this cleaner, use a natural bristle brush to scrape it into the fabric.
- In your car’s interior, Mothers Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner will bring out the true color and character of the upholstery and carpeting.
- The large, 24 oz trigger spray bottle provides plenty of capacity for all of your cleaning jobs, big and small.
- It is robust enough to remove stubborn stains and spots from vinyl, velour, fabric, and carpet, as well as from leather and other synthetic materials.
- With the ability to function in both your vehicle and your house well, this carpet cleaner is a useful gadget to have on hand.
- It is also inexpensive.
- It may be used on carpet, upholstered furniture, and any other kind of material.
- It is pH balanced and ecologically friendly, making it beneficial to both you and the environment.
- This product is simple to use and will assist you in keeping your space clean and looking excellent.
- However, it is not effective for oil-based stains.
- Its strong odor can trigger sensitive noses.
4. Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo
Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo are some of the perfect car upholstery cleaners. If your car upholstery is full of ground-in dirt, ‘Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo is a perfect choice.
Its foaming Citrus mixes 100% natural cleaning ingredients with oxygen-based foaming technology to gently lift dirt and stains off all types of fabric surfaces.
This product uses premium-grade water-based foaming technology to encapsulate the dirt and grease, lifting it away from the surface to be easily extracted.
The fabric cleaner also contains surfactants that break down stains into smaller particles for more efficient cleaning, plus antibacterial agents to kill germs.
- Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo is incredibly good at removing dirt, grime, stains, and debris.
- It has a premium formulation that lifts dirt away from the surface to be encapsulated for easier removal.
- This car upholstery shampoo has a fresh, citrus fragrance to leave your vehicle smelling great.
- Using this product is a perfect way to keep your vehicle’s interior clean and looking good between washes.
- Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo is a professional-strength formula that cleans and protects your vehicle’s interior.
- It helps eliminate odors caused by spilled liquids, pet accidents, and musty smells in carpets, floor mats, and seats.
- This pH-balanced formula is safe for use on carpet, cloth upholstery, vinyl, and other surfaces in your vehicle.
- Using Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean Carpet & Upholstery Shampoo once or twice a month will help maintain the cleanliness of your car’s interior without using any harsh chemicals.
- This product is not good at removing old stains.
- It can mask certain smells with its strong citrus scent, so it’s best to test the product on a small area before using it on the entire vehicle.
5. Armor All Oxi Magic Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Armor All Oxi Magic Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner removes stains, marks, and spills from fabric upholstery such as car seats and steering wheels. This fabric cleaner restores the soft, abundant appearance of shiny, neat, and clean car seats.
It is a technological innovation that employs oxygen action to power through the most tenacious stains and starts dissolving them as soon as they contact the product.
Dissolves the harshest automotive stains, including dirt, coffee, cola, ink, grass, and motor oil, and leaves a clean, shiny finish on vehicles. It breaks up difficult, ground-in dirt by penetrating deep into fibers and breaking them down.
Guaranteed complete customer satisfaction: Armor All, the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality auto care products, unconditionally guarantees that its products will meet or surpass your expectations.
- The Armor All Oxi Magic Upholstery Cleaner is completely non-toxic and safe for use on any material or surface, so you can feel comfortable using it around children and pets if needed.
- The product is available in liquid form, so it will not leave stains or marks on fabric, unlike some other products that leave behind powder residue.
- This is amongst the best car seat cleaners that make it easy to remove messes like mud, food, water, cold drink spills, and stains from car seats.
- The product is heavily scented, so if you’re sensitive to smell or suffer from allergies, it could cause problems.
- The product is designed for use on fabric only and cannot be used on leather or vinyl, so you need a different cleaner specifically for these surfaces.
- If applied too generously, it can also leave a white residue on your upholstery, so you need to follow the directions carefully.
- The product is only available in one size that comes with a trigger spray bottle, which means it’s difficult to dispense from a bottle when you’re cleaning upholstery in hard-to-reach areas.
- It also doesn’t work well on coffee or tea spills.
- It’s also not the best choice for highly sensitive skin as it contains alcohol and ammonia.
6. Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner
To manage a wide variety of stains, and you may have imagined some of them would never go away. In the case of heavy-duty stains on carpets or floor mats, the Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner is one of the most trusted options.
In addition to blood and other challenging stains, the manufacturer claims that this product works well on tar, grease, coffee, ink, and lipstick.
To make your life simpler, this car upholstery cleaner comes with a stiff brush to help you remove stubborn stains from the cloth.
The penetrating foam will instantly remove and suspend debris from your carpet and upholstery, making it easier to vacuum. Nylon and other synthesized fibers may be safely cleaned with it.
- A trusted brand in the market
- Perfect for all kinds of car upholstery material
- Comes with an integrated brush on the cap instead of the spray bottle.
- Worked wonders on anything from grease to coffee to lipstick to ink and bloodstains.
- It leaves a pleasant smell behind
- It is water-based and non-toxic
- Blue Coral Upholstery Cleaner is ideal for deep cleaning and getting rid of stubborn stains.
Car Seat Maintenance
Maintenance of your car upholstery is not something you normally think of when driving your family around in your beloved vehicle, but it is important. As these seats are pressed against every inch of your body during each trip, they will become dirty and stained with time; this is an unavoidable thing.
However, instead of having to spend a fortune at the car upholstery shop to get your seats cleaned professionally, why not try out some simple tips to maintain car seats yourself? Car upholstery maintenance can be done by using stuff that you already have in your house. All you need are simple techniques and appropriate car upholstery cleaners to help you out. It only needs a few minutes of your time each month to keep your vehicle looking its best.
If you want to know how to maintain car seats professionally, then go ahead and read the following paragraphs that will tell you exactly what you need to do.
How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Leather vehicle seats may be cleaned the same way as fabric seats, with a few notable exceptions.
If you use a vacuum with a plastic nozzle, you should be careful since leather is delicate and easily abrasive.
Car leather upholstery cleaner is a must when it comes to cleaning leather seats in a vehicle.
Use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the treated area of the seat after you have applied the cleanser and let it on its own for a few minutes.
It will be easier to view the lighter and less glossy side since clean leather is usually matte.
Lastly, examine the final results.
How to Clean Cloth Car Seats
First, use a soft-bristled brush or vacuum cleaner to remove any big dirt or crumbs from the upholstery.
Spray a small seat area with a reputable automobile upholstery cleaner, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Using a soft-bristled brush, dampening the area but not overdoing it, is the best way to go.
After allowing the cleaner to work on its own for a few minutes, use a microfiber cloth to wipe the surface gently.
Things to Consider Before Buying Stain Removers for Car Seats
If you own a car, it’s bound to get dirty, especially the seats. Things like mud, dust, and even gum can leave unsightly stains on your car’s upholstery. If you’re thinking of buying a stain remover for your seats, there are some things that you should consider first. For example, things like how soon it gets rid of stains and whether or not the chemicals in them can be considered safe, is it toxic or sensitive to delicate people, etc.
Compatible with all types of Upholstery Material: Before buying a stain remover, find out if it is compatible with your car’s upholstery. This means that the formula in the stain remover should be compatible with the type of fabric on your seats.
Remove stains in one application: You should also check how quickly it removes stains because that’s a pretty important factor to consider. The best thing would be for the stain remover to remove all traces of a stain in just one application.
Easy to use: Watch out for how easy the product is because who likes complicated things? It is one of the best car upholstery cleaner’s major qualities: it is convenient to use and does not require time-consuming and stressful procedures to use.
Affordable: Price is also a pretty important factor and shouldn’t be overlooked. The chosen product must be light to your pocket so that you can stick to that product for long periods.
Pleasant Odour: Lastly, you should consider the product with a pleasant scent because not everyone responds well to potent chemical odors.
How do I clean fabric seats in a car?
You can clean fabric seats in a car by following these simple steps:
Use a soft-bristled brush or vacuum cleaner to remove any big dirt or crumbs from the upholstery. Spray a small area of the seat with any car upholstery cleaner, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Allowing the cleaner to work on its own for a few minutes, use a microfiber cloth to wipe the surface gently.
How do I remove dried stains from my car?
Car Guys Super Cleaner, Meguiar Upholstery Cleaner, and Black Diamond Upholstery Cleaner are the best available options to remove dried stains from your car upholstery. They work wonderfully both on the car’s interior and exterior surfaces.
Which type of car seat fabric is easiest to remove stains?
Stains from cloth and vinyl upholstery are easiest to remove. And with an appropriate cleaning technique and products such as Car Guys, Tuff Stuff, Megiurar, Mother’s, etc., the tough stains, spills, grimes, and pet stains can dissolve in seconds.
What is the best car upholstery cleaner for car seats?
Meguiar Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner is the best car upholstery cleaner for your seats. It is an all-purpose upholstery cleaner, suitable for all of your car cleaning needs.