Window tinting has become increasingly popular in recent years. It is a great way to improve your car’s appearance while protecting your interior from the sun’s harmful UV light. Window tint can be applied in different ways with a variety of results. The least invasive and most common way to tint your windows is to use a film cut to size and applied directly to the window. Another way to tint your windows is to use a spray. This method is less common because it can be difficult to get an even coat, but it is a great option if you want to tint your windows yourself.
But with so many different types of window tints available, how do you know which one is right for you? This article will provide you with a detailed overview of some of the best window tints available today, including their features, benefits, and downsides that will help you choose an appropriate window tint for your car.
Lexen 2Ply Carbon All Windows PreCut Tint Film
Overall, the Lexen 2Ply Carbon All Windows PreCut Tint Film is a good choice for those who want to reduce the amount of UV light radiation that enters their car and want a film used in all weather conditions.
- Blocks out 99% of UV light radiation
- Reduces the temperature in your car by 1-2 degrees Celsius
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- This tinted film is embedded with tiny carbon particles.
- It provides better heat reduction than dyed and rolled films.
- Has a fantastic quality-price ratio
- It’s also easy to install on your car’s windows, thanks to the pre-cut kit.
- It can only be used on flat surfaces, with no curves or angles
- The tint may chip off if not applied properly by a professional. This film cannot be repositioned once it has been stuck to a surface.
- Front windshield and sunroof tints are not included in the kit.
MotoShield Pro Premium Precut Ceramic Tint Film
MotoShield is made from a special kind of film which is both scratch-resistant and shatterproof. This premium pre-cut ceramic window tint offers a variety of benefits, including heat reduction, UV protection, privacy, and many others.
- The ceramic window tint can block up to 99% of the sun’s UV rays.
- This can help protect your car’s interior from fading and cracking.
- The film is heat-resistant and can help keep your car’s interior cool on hot days.
- The tint has some amazing scratch-resistant properties.
- The film is easy to install; you can also do it yourself.
- The tint comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The film is not as dark as some other options, so it may not suit everyone’s needs.
- The film can be a bit pricey compared to some other ceramic tint options.
True Line Automotive Premium Nano Ceramic Precut Window Tint Film Kit
The film is made of nano-ceramic material, which is scratch-resistant and helps to protect your car’s interior from the sun’s UV rays and heat. It is a good option if you’re looking for a durable and effective tint film.
- This window tint can be cut into any shape required, making it ideal for cars with curved windows.
- It is made of high-quality German material, pressed to ensure flatness.
- The nano ceramic layers are highly reflective and have high heat reduction properties that help keep your car cool inside.
- Being scratch-resistant, it will not get damaged or peeled off.
- Precut kits make installation quick and easy.
- The tint might not be dark enough and does not completely block out sunlight.
- The adhesive might not be as strong as other brands and could come off over time.
List of Top 6 Best Car Window Tints
1. Lexen 2Ply Carbon All Windows PreCut Tint Kit
Unlike other tints on the market, this window tint is scratch-resistant and protects 99 percent of UV rays while also causing no interference with radio transmissions. It is available in five different colors and provides excellent heat rejection and color stability.
If you’re new to the tinting procedure, you may find this product a little difficult to work with when you first start with it. You may need expert help to apply it appropriately. It also wrinkles quickly, and if you don’t fully clean the glass before applying, it may peel or begin to bubble.
- It is considered the best car window tint available in the market today.
- This window tinting film can block 99% of ultraviolet radiation.
- It helps to reduce the temperature in your vehicle by 1-2 degrees Celsius during long drives.
- Suitable for use in all kinds of weather
- Micron-sized carbon particles have been embedded in this tint film.
- When compared to other colored and roll films, it offers superior heat resistance.
- An excellent value for money in terms of quality and pricing
- Because of the pre-cut kit, it’s very simple to install on automobile windows.
- The Lexen 2Ply Carbon, All Windows PreCut Tint Kit, comes with 2 pieces of white Lexan sheets with a 2-ply carbon matte finish.
- It can be installed in 5 minutes and does not require any tools like suction cups, levers, and clips for precise alignment.
- Heat and moisture resistant
- Expensive compared to other tint kits for windows available in the market
- It may not be legal in certain states or countries to install car windows.
2. MotoShield Pro Premium Precut Ceramic Tint Film
This tinted film is made of high-quality ceramic tints’ material, making it durable and resistant to scratches. It also has excellent heat and UV protection, making your car interior look fresh and clean for a long time.
This best car window tint comes in an easy-to-apply kit, so you don’t have to worry about the installation process. MotoShield Pro Premium Precut Ceramic Tint Film also comes in various colors and is customized according to your preferences.
- This window tint is known for its superior heat and UV protection.
- Your car’s interiors will remain cooler, and your dashboard, buttons, and other surfaces won’t fade if you use this car window tint.
- In addition, because UV rays can damage your skin and cause early signs of aging in your car’s automotive leather or vinyl upholstery, using this kind of tint film is also great for your car upholstery.
- It also provides excellent scratch-resistant properties.
- It is one of the high-quality ceramic tints.
- With MotoShield Pro Premium Precut Ceramic Window Tint Film, you can choose the shade of darkness you want for your windows. It comes in four shades of darkness: Clear, Light, Medium, and Dark.
- However, many consumers found it difficult to install this tint on their own. This is because the film is very thick and requires a lot of precision when applied. If not done correctly, it can result in an uneven tinting job.
3. True Line Automotive Premium Nano Ceramic Precut Window Tint Film Kit
True Line Automotive Premium Nano Ceramic Precut Window Tint Film Kit is a car window film that can be placed on any pre-cut window to protect the interior of your car from heat, UV rays, infrared light, and cold weather. The Nano-Ceramic Coating Technology provides twice as much heat rejection capability as traditional window tint films.
On the other hand, there are a few disadvantages to using this product. One is that it is reputed to reduce the level of transparency in your car’s windows, making it difficult to see during nighttime driving. Another disadvantage is that since this product is a film, it can be prone to bubbling and peeling if not installed properly.
- This window tint is made of nano-ceramic materials, making it resistant to fading, discoloration, and cracking.
- The kit includes an installation squeegee, a spray bottle of window cleaner, and a microfiber cloth.
- The tint film can block out 99.9% of UV rays and reduce the inside car temperature.
- Easy to install and does not require any special tools or skills.
- The tint film may not be a good choice for cars frequently driven in hot climates, as it can make the inside of the car even hotter.
- It is not easy to remove.
- Available in thirty-seven different types of tint shades
- Can stand up to harsh temperatures, like those during summer or winter
- Film’s adhesive is resistant to water so that the film won’t peel off over time
- The film is a bit expensive compared to other brands
- It might require a professional to install it if you’re not comfortable doing it yourself
- Depending on the tint you choose, the film may not be as opaque as some people would like it to be.
4. Black Magic Select Automotive Window Tint Film
When it comes to window tinting, Black Magic Select Automotive Window Tint is one of the most popular window tints on the market. This metalized window tinting is a perfect balance of quality and affordability, which is why it has been a top choice for car owners from all walks of life.
It is an excellent choice for people looking to spruce up the look of their car while also providing some protection from the sun. It is one of the best automotive window tints and can help reduce the amount of heat that enters a car, making the interior of a car cooler.
- Black Magic Select Automotive Window Tint effectively blocks the sun’s heat, UV rays, and harmful infrared light.
- It also offers privacy and security to your vehicle.
- Black Magic Select Automotive Window Tint Film is easy to install and requires special tools or skills.
- This Tint Film harms the window defroster.
- It may also cause a decrease in the visibility of the driver and passengers, especially during the night.
- 20% VLT (visible light transmission)
Protint Windows Tint Film Roll is an automotive window film that comes in a roll and can be cut to size for specific vehicle windows. After it is installed, Protint window tint film provides heat insulation. It acts as a security barrier while also protecting the interior of your car and people riding inside from harmful UV rays.
If you’re looking for a window tint that is easy to install, affordable and provides various benefits, Protint Windows Tint Film Roll is a great option after Black Magic and True Line Window Tint films.
- Protint Windows Tint Film Roll offers a full line of tints for windows, including a 5% shade color perfect for your car, home, and office.
- The tint is available in a roll of 24 inches by 10 feet, perfect for various applications.
- This tint roll is made from a high-quality film designed to stand up to outdoor elements while also blocking 99% of harmful UV light.
- The tint can be difficult to install, especially if the customer has never installed window tints before. May create bubbles if not installed on the windows properly.
- The tint can be difficult to adjust on the windows because it does not come on a pre-cut sheet.
- It is not available in a variety of tint shades and colors.
6. Trimbrite T1786 Non-Scratch Tint
When it comes to window tinting, there are a lot of different options to choose from. One of the most popular choices is Trimbrite T1786 Non-Scratch Tint.
This tint is designed to be scratch-resistant, making it a great choice for those concerned about the appearance and durability of their window tint. Trimbrite T1786 Non-Scratch Tint can also help to reduce heat and glare, making it a great option for any space.
- Trimbrite T1786 Non-Scratch Tint is heat-resistant, so it will not melt or warp in hot weather.
- It is easy to install and can be done by yourself.
- It is affordable and can be a cost-effective way to improve the appearance of your car.
- This tint does not block out all sun’s UV rays, so it is not 100% effective in protecting your car’s interior.
- It is not long-lasting and needs to be replaced every few years after it has started to peel or fade.
Benefits of Window Tints
If you are looking for a way to make your car more valuable and attractive, consider installing new window tints. Benefits include Sun protection (UV rays especially), color-changing glass, privacy, and many others depending on the level of tinting done.
Here are the main benefits you’ll get by using window tints:
Sun Protection: UV radiation is known to cause skin cancer. By installing window tints, you can protect yourself and your loved ones from the harmful effects of the sun.
Heat Reduction: Window tints help to reduce heat build-up in cars. This is especially beneficial in the summer when temperatures can be extremely high.
Privacy: If you want to keep your car interior private, window tints are a great way to do so.
Style: Window tints can add a touch of style and personality to any car.
Value: Many people believe that cars with window tints are more valuable than those without.
Things to Consider Before Buying Car Window Tint
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the best window tint for your car:
Tint Opaqueness: Most states have laws regulating the darkness of window tint. Make sure you choose a tint that is within the legal limits in your state.
Type/quality of Tinting Film: There are two common types of window tint, dyed and ceramic tints. A dyed tint is cheaper, but it fades after a few years and can also be difficult to see out of. A ceramic window tint is more expensive, but it lasts longer and provides better visibility. Carbon, metalized, hybrid tints are also available. Look out for their features before making a purchase.
Brand: Not all companies are created equal. Make sure you do your research and choose a reputable company with a good reputation.
Price: Window tinting can be expensive, but it’s worth it to get high-quality protection in your car’s interiors. Make sure you get a quote from several different companies before making a decision.
Regulatory Requirements: According to The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, the legal limit for front-side windows is 75%, while back-side windows can be no more than 50%. This means that 75% of visible light should come through the front side windows, and 50% should come through the back.
When choosing the best window tint for your car, it’s important to consider all of these factors. Make sure you do your research and choose a tint that’s right for you.
Many of us have had the experience of shopping for a window tint and not knowing what to do. There are so many types, brands, and styles that it can be overwhelming.
We have discussed everything you need to know, from the safety benefits of window tints to the different types of tints on the market. Whether you’re looking for a cool color or just want some privacy, we’ve got you covered!
We have discussed six different window tints from six different brands. Lexen 2Ply Carbon All Windows PreCut Tint Film is considered the best overall option for window tinting. However, MotoShield Pro Premium Precut Ceramic Tint Film can be the best value. And automotive tints from True Line, Black Magic, Protint, and Trimbrite are honorable mentions. However, the decision to use a window tinting company can be difficult, but we are confident that whichever one of these companies you choose will provide an excellent service!
What is the most durable window tint?
Lexen 2Ply Carbon All Windows PreCut Tint Film is the most durable window tint. It’s of excellent quality and is simple to cut and heat shrink.
What are the 5 types of window tint?
Dyed Tint, Metalized Tint, Hybrid Tint, Carbon Tint, Ceramic Tint are the five major types of window tints.
Is ceramic or carbon tint better?
Ceramic tints are the best choice when it comes to quality and longevity than carbon tints. However, this doesn’t always indicate that it’s the best option for you, particularly if you have a limited budget. Many consumers do not need ceramic’s shatter-proof property, despite its superiority in quality.
What do the tint numbers mean?
The tint numbers or percentage refers to the VLT (Visible Light Transmission). Tint percentages are commonly measured by ‘shade,’ with most shades ranging from 1 (no tint) to 100 (fully tinted). The higher the number, the darker the window tint.
How does car window tint help in protecting harmful UV rays?
Film on the tinted glass acts as a barrier to prevent heat and light from passing through it. This, in turn, reduces our exposure to UV radiation and aids in our defense against harmful UV rays.